Chocolate and Dogs - Why is chocolate bad for dogs?

 Dear my cutie pie Lelia,

It's me, Ceci - the sleeping beauty corgi. I am 10 years old female dog. I started living with your mother when I was four months old; even my little princess Lia was just a bean.

It is the first time that I have written you a letter. Lelia, I am grateful to have you as a friend. We did have a lot of beautiful memories.

Little Lia, I miss you!

I enjoyed waiting for your school bus at 7 am and 4 pm when you back.  I loved your adorable face. Your smile was the most fabulous thing in the world to me. I remembered your little laugh. I remembered your light brown eyes looking into mine as we shared our own secret club.

You're only eight, and I am 2 years older than you. You are kiddo, but I am old. You are lively, and I still remember that I was tired as death when you suggested playing catch and fetch. It was a difficult challenge for an old fatty corgi. However, as I saw your smile as my hard breath threw away. 

Big eyes Lia, sometimes, I thought that you were my daughter. I loved you at first sight when your mom brought you to me when you two were discharged from the hospital eight years ago and introduced your name.

I grew up with you day by day. Your first crawl. Your first step. Your first word. I remembered all. I miss you!

Times flies so fast. It has been a year, and I saw you look at my bed crying. I am sorry, Lelia. I wish I could be there with you, but I cannot.

I am now in Heaven. Lelia, don't be sad for long. Don't blame yourself for that night. All too well. It all passed.

But me neither. I still remembered it too well.

It was your birthday night, Lelia. You dressed as Elsa Queen. Your mom bought you a Brownie cake and threw a party. You had a lot of fun with your friends, and I was happy too.

Until your friend, Siren gave me a piece of chocolate. Actually, it was dark chocolate. It was sweet and yummy. I did even beg him for one more piece. I did not know two pieces of dark chocolate could take me away from you, Lelia.

Lia, don't cry. At present, we both know that chocolate is toxic to dogs.  As theoretical research, while rarely fatal, chocolate ingestion would result in significant illness. Illness makes death.

 

Lelia, I am sad but peaceful now. By the way, let's me show "Chocolate and Dogs Relation de Tour" for further information about chocolate poisoning in dogs.

You can share with your friends, especially innocent Siren boy.

Chocolate does harmful to dogs. It causes poisoning because it contains a chemical called theobromine, as well as the caffeine category. In reality, dogs cannot metabolize theobromine and ad caffeine as humans do. It's reasonable for a dog's reaction to the chemicals due to a self-sensitive problem.

The more bitter and darker chocolate is, the more dangerous it is to dogs. Furthermore, if the amount consumed isn't lethal, the fat and sugar in chocolate can cause dogs to get unwell. In difficult situations or in dogs with sensitive stomachs, they might induce pancreatitis.

Lelia, do you remember how tired I am after eating chocolate?

It was the most common clinical sign of dogs poisoning.

The symptoms were vomiting, diarrhea, increased thirst, panting or restlessness, excessive urination, and racing heart rate. Little girl, I still remember crying and begging myself to slow breath and stop drinking too much.

Clinical signs of chocolate poisoning can take hours to develop and last for days. In my case, it took about six days to express how restless my breath was. Your mother took me to the hospital, but they apologized. It passed the point of treatment, and I was not well enough to adapt to any strong antibiotic.

Your parent took me home from the vet. It was 3.45 pm. I went to the house gate and waited for you home from school. At that moment, I knew clearly that I should take the time to say goodbye.

You were home, and your face turned to delight when you saw me there. "Ceci, you get well soon. You can come and take me to the door gate. Good girl!" - said my Lia.

"Lia, I did a trade of my strength to make it and see your smile" - It was my thought at that moment. I wished that I did not eat the chocolate pieces. Dear, I even begged for more.

I came to the house with you and had dinner — the very last family dinner for me. Little Lelia was delightful in the evening. You sang, laughed, and shared everything that happened at school as usual. Then, you asked your mom,

- Mommy, when will I take Ceci to the yard park? Is tomorrow okay? I cannot wait to play catch and fetch with her. Ah ah, also with hide and seek. Mommy, Ceci is the best seeker. She always found me, although I tried to hide it secretly.

The girl was about non-stop talking and excited.

The mother softly sighed.

- We do hope. We hope that Ceci will get well soon.

I burst out tears and moaned silently.

I went to bed and slept with you that night.

And I rested peacefully with your sound sleep.

The sooner treatment begins, the better your dog's prognosis. If your dog eats chocolate, you should monitor them closely and seek veterinary attention if they show any symptoms.

Leila, don't cry.

It's time to say goodbye.

Remember that chocolate is toxic to dogs. So do humans if you craving for this at the same time. Be careful with dark chocolate!

And, Leila - my little princess,

We will meet again soon.

I promise you to be your bestie in my next life.

 


Grow up and live a happy life,

Always in your heart,

Ceci - The corgi.

 


Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

What you need to know about World Elephant Day?

What you need to know about International Beer Day?

Wine in Vietnam – Brands, Price & Quality